Monday, October 20, 1997

My Coolest Professor

Well, there you are. I've been looking all over for you. Oh, by the way, for those of you who are new, I take the weekends off. I hope that doesn't inconvenience anyone. If you are really in need of a QOTD fix and can't go a weekend without one, let me know and I'll send you the "back issues" of Quote Of the Day for only $3.95 a magazine. Or maybe I'll just give 'em to you for free. It all depends.
Anyway, I am way freakin' busy this week, so don't be surprised if I get behind on this crap. I had to actually plan my week out hour by hour until Wednesday at 8:00 at night. Right now, I'm cutting into my 15 minute snack break. I hope you all appreciate that I starve for you. Also, because I'm as busy as I am, I won't be able to personally respond to you guys for a bit, but I wanted to say thanks for writing me anyway. It means a lot. Especially Tanner. Because he hurt his toe the other week, and to e-mail me in the condition he's in is just a display of what a trooper he is. (And he told me he felt guilty for catching a pass in the football game today because they only had 5 people and we had 7.) But anyway...

Sometimes I get material from places I never thought of. Like class. My animation teacher is one of the coolest professors I've had. He was describing to us this process called the "flicker-flame" method of animating. It involves taking a black piece of film, completely underexposed, and taking a razor and scraping the emulsion off of it all over the place. It creates this random, fast, and completely disturbing effect. He ends his demonstration of this technique by saying...


Quote Of the Day 10/20

"So if you ever want to make any mind-boggling, eye-hurting, epileptic fit-starting films..."
-SuperDan Bailey


Apparently I wasn't the only one who found the semi-popular technique disturbing.



Miles to go before I sleep,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment