Tuesday, September 10, 1996

Back in the Saddle Again

Hello all!! Welcome back and thank you for your patience here. I apologize for the minor delay, but I thought I'd weed out all of the messages I got over the summer before I started. Well, 47 messages into my 82, I noticed a certain pattern. About 30 messages were messages from different people asking me if I'd be on-line over the summer. Well, when I get the time, I'll answer that question for the thirty of you. Another 10 were your traditional forwards from Kate and Momma Spence which have been saved to a folder named "Browse At Leisure Or Delete If Necessary." Two were wrong numbers (I guess dfishe1 is a popular user-name), three were from a newsgroup I asked to be removed from 27 times, and 2 messages were of actual worth.
As I paged through the next half or so, I kept getting more messages and it seemed my task would never be completed. Another 30 of these messages were people telling me they were back on-line. Anything with a subject of something like "funny (fwd)" was immediately marked with a "D", and still there were another 4 messages from that damn newsgroup. Also, my 6.5 credits make it hard to concentrate on anything else. But now I'm back for your enjoyment with the...















...but before I start this whole charade, I want to explain briefly to the few newcomers. I started a quote of the day a long, long time ago, and it caught on like wildfire. It has gotten to the point where if I don't do it for a while, I get hate mail. This is the same principal that explains the funny looks and derogatory comments I get when I don't wear a pink hat, or when I put shorts on. But I'm here through thick and thin doing this everloved and sometimes hated, but seldom unnoticed...















... one more thing before I start. I just wanted to welcome all the new kids and pay tribute to the few casualties to graduation that we had. There will no longer be a doctor in the house (though Capt. Sedgley will still be on the internet with us), and we have to wave goodbye to the last of the "manders" in Matt Anderson. He was only with us for a year, but DAMN HE WAS COOL! Anyway, if you know of anybody I've missed, let me know. And Kristen, before you look like an idiot, everytime you send E-mail, it says who you are, so you can stop doing that "by the way, it's Kristen" thing. :)

Alright, over the summer, I saw Suzanne quite often and one particular time, she was commenting to me on how frank I was. To this I said something like "Oh, so now I'm just a hot dog?" And that's when she said...


Quote Of the Day 9/10

"Yep. All you are is just a big wiener to me."



There are worse fates in life.

The apparently well endowed,
Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment