Friday, September 20, 1996

Reffing Philosophies

Howdy do, everybody? Just taking advantage of some extra time to get caught up in my work. I'm still 3 weeks behind in 3 of my classes, but I need to catch up to the quote of the day. I have my priorities straight.
Well, for those of you who don't know, intramural volleyball has started again and the Screaming Crickets and Extendo are still out there. So far, the Crickets (coed team) are atop their division at 2-0, while Extendo is the only team in our division who hasn't played yet. If you are in the mood to see good volleyball and cheer on your favorite pink-hatted friend and 6 or so of his close friends, Extendo (men's team) plays at 1:00 tomorrow (Wednesday), and the Screaming Crickets play at 3:00 tomorrow. Tomorrow, Extendo is playing C-Bass who have been talking shit since before I knew them and are currently 4-0 with 4 decisive victories. At any rate, any support will be appreciated.

Speaking of volleyball, I reffed my first three games last Friday. I was the up ref for two and the down ref for one. I could do the up ref pretty easily, but I wasn't sure of the down ref's (or second ref's) duties. So I was a little timid blowing my whistle. Midway through the first game, I asked Tony, a friend of mine on the volleyball club team if I should be blowing my whistle, or if I should leave it up to the up ref...


Quote Of the Day 9/20

"Yes, blow. Blow! When in doubt, blow!"
-Tony


That's what I keep telling Suzanne.

Sleeping on the couch tonight,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment