Tuesday, September 17, 1996

Ants Marching and Maching

For those of you who don't know, the day before I came back to school, I went to see Dave Matthews with Suzanne, Courtney, and Carl. We had fifth row seats and it was very worth it. I mean, they weren't the Pimp Daddies, but they were still pretty good. Experiments in rhythm and second-hand smoke ran rampant throughout the night. My favorite part of the actual concert was the violinist that just stood there the entire time until it was his turn to get up to do his thing. And he went wild. His bow zoomed back and forth and his dreads flopped all around his head as he convulsed in rhythm. I could have done without the 20 minute version of Ants Marching. Once the song got going, it was great, but to get the crowd excited, somebody thought it would be a good idea to play the first two measures of the song for 10 minutes kind of teasing the audience. The drunk people (90% of the crowd at this point) didn't seem to mind because they had no idea the song wasn't progressing forward. Among other highlights of the night was the guy who sat right in front of us and threw up and passed out before the first number started. And the couple who was making out so explicitly, the guards had to go break them up. All in all, it was a rather fun night, though I think maybe I want Too Much. I don't know. What Would You Say?
OK, now that I'm done my rant, I also want to tell everybody that if they'll be here Friday night, The Pimp Daddies and Everyday @ Six are playing in Baltimore, and I'm going to go see them. Both bands come highly recommended by me. So if you want to go possibly, let me know.

If any of you know Jason, you know he's funny and a nice guy. You probably also know that he talks with a certain southern draw/slur. And anyone who knows somebody who speaks like this will be able to appreciate this. He said a sentence to me once and all of his words just ran completely together. I must have looked at him with such a confused face. He then said to me...


Quote Of the Day 9/17

"Let me separate that into individual words so you'll be able to understand."
-Jason Corns (the last name gives it away)



It's a Pimp Daddy Day!!!


The Honorary "Pink-Daddy,"
Screaming Cricket


Stillstandingrighthere...

No comments:

Post a Comment