Wednesday, September 11, 1996

Cookie Talk

Good morning everyone and thank you all for your responses. I love all of you. But not at the same time. That would be painful. Anyway, I would like to point out an error yesterday that I made. I said something like "...or whenever I put shorts on..." and what I meant to say was "...or whenever I put pants on..." Apologies for the grammatical error and thank John for pointing that one out.

Before I start, I have an announcement to make. Effective the 16th of this month, the UMBC computer lab will be charging 8 cents per sheet of paper printed out. This includes comp. sci. majors and long English papers too. Everything. I really hope it doesn’t include that extra sheet that always comes with it. Anyway, here's how I plan to put up sort of a stand against it. Everytime you go to print something up, pay for it in pennies. I have lots of pennies, and it would be worth it to actually go to the bank and get pennies for this purpose. Pay for it in as annoying a manor as possible. Drop them all over. Lose count. Whatever. Or pay for one or two sheets of paper with a fifty. Tell them you don't have anything less. If they resist, grab them by the shirt and whisper "REDRUM, REDRUM" at them in a really deep voice. Also, and this part is probably most important, always ask for a receipt. They have to give you one. It will annoy the people in back of you in line, but who cares? Get them to do it too. Pass on the word to everyone you know, please.

Alright, now I'll do what I came here for. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Paul Simon song "Late In the Evening," but I listen to it often. Anyway, I was listening to it last night and I tried to sing part of the song with a cookie on the edge of my tongue. There's a line that goes "The first thing I remember when you came into my life..." and here's what it sounds like with a cookie on your tongue:


Quote Of the Day 9/11

"The first thing I rewember when you came into my wife..."
-Me


Try it yourself. It's fun.


Still crazy after all these years,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment