Tuesday, September 24, 1996

Bad Advice for Kids

Don't ask me what that last message was. If you stop watching your fingers for one second, they'll betray you. So I apologize. I also apologize for my being an entire week behind, but still, it's further ahead than I am in any of my classes. I'll stop bringing that up as I'm sure you're all sick of me saying it.

For those of you who don't know, I worked at a day camp this summer. And let me tell, you, I never wanted to leave Camp Wonderfun. It is the greatest possible job a person could have. I played kickball with kids all day and swam in a pool for hours and made $8.50ish an hour after taxes. I challenge you to find a job that lucrative where all you have to do is make sure kids have fun. Unless they're being bad. Then you have to make them do push ups or six inches or put them in time out. But only wussy counselors put the kids in time out. Real counselors make them jog around the field 3 times. So anyway, I spent my summer as a hired pedophile and enjoyed every minute of it.
Mr. Jason, a co-counselor who doesn't really play by the rules all the time, was sitting by the pool with me on a fine summer afternoon. As usually happens, a crying 4 year old came out of the baby pool and walked up to Mr. Jason: "Um, um, Mr. Jason? Brian hit me."...


Quote Of the Day 9/23

"So, hit him back."
-Mr. Jason


Of course we know Mr. Jason was kidding, but Alex didn't. 2 minutes later, Brian comes out of the pool crying to Mr Eric (another counselor): "Um, um, Mr. Eric? Alex hit me."...


Quote Of the Day 9/24

"Tell you what. You can both hit Mr. Jason."
-Mr. Eric


As you guessed, Mr. Jason was hit by two 4 year olds. To this, Mr. Eric was thrown in the pool. I denied any involvement.


Testing the boundaries of child abuse,
Mr. Whistlehead.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment