Friday, February 12, 1999

Review of A Bug's Life

Well, the hunt is over. I finally saw that ever-so-elusive movie they call "A Bug's Life." And it truly lived up to the standards which I have already set for it by arranging my entire grading system around it. The plot: The computer animated ant version of Christopher Lloyd's character from Back To the Future (minus the voice and hair) accidentally fucks up an entire year's worth of work that the colony has been doing, and has to fix it. So he goes and hires these "warrior bugs" that turn out to be clowns to try to fight off the evil grasshoppers.
Hilarity ensues.
The animation: was amazing. As good as Toy Story was, this blew it away. The lights came on after the movie was over, and the people around me seemed a little less real than the ants I had just seen. I'm still not fully recovered.
The credits: were the coolest part. It was worth my $6 alone just to see the credits. They made up fake outtakes as if the characters were actual actors that couldn't stop laughing during a scene or forgot their lines or something like that. It's the most creative innovation in animation since they combined cartoons with clips from Music Videos in Beavis and Butthead.
The critique: I loved it. I'd go see it again, even if I had to go with that chain-smoking Bennigans chick that got me sick for 4 days. It gets all 10 bugs. I really want to give it 10 1/2 bugs, but I haven't decided if that's possible yet.

I was at Double T a few nights ago and experienced what I consider to be one of the most subtly insulting ways to turn somebody down. Sort of. Some guy was saying that this girl back in high school didn't like him...


Quote Of the Day 2/12/99

"She liked you. She just listened to you talk too much."
-Nicole


That's where I always seem to go wrong too.


Consumed by hunger,
Fish-Fry.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment