Friday, May 1, 1998

An Italian Wedding

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Jacy A D'Aiutolo wrote:

> D-
> The trick to forks, spoons, knives, and glasses in a formal
> setting is to work from the outside in, one utensil at a time. You really
> can't go wrong that way.
> :-)
> -Jacy

Alright, Jacy! Then what about the fork that was sideways at the top of my plate? What do I do with that one, eh? Is that the one you use to stab your waiter when he laughs at you when you use the wrong one? Next time I have to go to some formal event, I'm just going to bring six sporks. That way, I can't go wrong.
The day after my banquet, I had to be back in PA for my uncle's wedding. So that was two days in a row that I ate good food. In case you've never had it before, fillet mignon, even though pronounced phonetically would sound really gross, is very good. No matter what fork/spork you decide to use. And they played Git Jiggy Wit It at the reception. I noticed a significant difference in dance styles from what I saw at the club Thursday night. A lot less grinding. But the amount of drunks on the dance floor was much the same.

Well, I was dressed up in a nice suit for the second day in a row. Turns out I actually own a suit. I had no idea. Well, my sister was coming to pick me up and I'm smart enough to know that you're supposed to compliment everybody on their outfit, no matter what it looks like. My sister was wearing this fairly short skirt, and she looked really good in it. Anyway, I said something to the effect of "Nice skirt!" with some sort of voice inflection that implied that it was short. Well, to this, she says...

Quote Of the Day 5/1/98

"Yeah. They told me to wear something short so that Grandma wasn't the only one that looked like a slut."
-Char (my sis)



Grandma showed up with fish net stockings and a thong.


Buying sporks by the dozen,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment