Monday, September 6, 1999

Revenge of My Dad

Today is a very important day in Dustin history for two reasons. For one, it's my parent's anniversary, which was a very important step in my conception. Secondly, it's my dad's birthday, a hands-down much more imporant step in my conception. Happy birthday, dad. He turned 33 for the 18th year in a row. To help him celebrate, I decided to take the weekend off, drive back up to Pennsylvania, and play tennis with Joe. Actually, my parents and I went to the movies together for the first time in a while. Deciding what to see turned into a game in and of itself. (I've never typed "in and of itself" before. Is that really how you spell it?) I wanted to see Outside Providence, mom wanted to see The Muse, and dad wanted to see The Thirteenth Warrior. Dad wound up winning when he remembered that it was his birthday and he needn't pretend to have to care about our interests anymore...


Quote of the Day 9/6/99

"Hey wait a minute! It's my birthday! I don't have to feel guilty about dragging you to see a movie I want to see. I've spent an entire year putting up with you guys, I've earned the right to make you miserable for an hour and a half."

- Mr. Dad

I paraphrased a little bit there, but that's what he meant, what are you, deaf?

Playing pool with a rope,
Mr. Wifflehead.

Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment