Tuesday, November 10, 1998

Are You in Good Hands?

I forgot one other PRO of having my window stuck all the way down. My windows don't fog up as much. Except when they do, there's fog on both freakin sides of the window. That's annoying. And it took me about 5 minutes to figure it out the first time it happened. But I'm a pretty stupid guy.
Well, I decided to try to fix my car seeing as how it certainly doesn't look like it's going to be a miraculously warm winter. People told me that it would be easy if I just looked at it. But these people don't know just how mechanically incompetent I am. Well, one phillips head screwdriver and 10 minutes later, it was up again. Mind you, it was stuck in the up position, but it is up nonetheless. And all it takes to roll the thing down is a phillips head screwdriver and another 10 minutes. It's like the polar opposite of power windows.

Alright, here comes the quote because I'm tired and cranky and I want my bottle. I was talking to Brian Monroe, the setter for the men's volleyball club team, and Sherry something or other, the X-backup setter for the women's varsity volleyball team. Brian was suggesting that she play for the women's club team now that she's no longer eligible to play for the varsity team. She said that she'd need to work on her setting ability if she was going to set for the club team (important note: in volleyball, the term "good hands" means that you can set good), and she was asking Brian to be her coach. Brian said that he wasn't sure if he'd be the right guy for the job...


Quote Of the Day 11/10/98

Sherry: "Oh, you know I've always liked your hands."
Brian: (softly and to me)"Yeah, but she never lets me use them."


I wouldn't either.


Fortifying the ju-ju bee castle,
Gummi Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment