Sunday, August 19, 2007

Above the Knife

Above the Knife

So thanks to everyine for the 40 or so e-mails, the 20ish phone calls and test messages, the couple house vists (Di, Wak and Kelly) and the care packages (Loraine, Tracy and Lindsey) I have receibed in the past few days. You’ve all made it so mush easier, especially Seth’s mom for driving me to, from, and stauing with me in the medical center during my surgery. I can still only type with my left hand so please excuze my brevity. I promise you that I have gotten all your mesages and I’ll get back to you in time when I can type with both hands.

So I used to make fun of people who got shoulder or hand surgery and then had to be transported in a wheelchair to their car. What’s wrong with their legs? Why can’t they just walk to the car? Then I tried to stand up from my hospital bed. I reached for the closest wall I could find to regain some balance. The closest wall was a nurse named Corrine. Judging from her reaction and the “party girl” tattoo on her lower back, I’d say she was pretty used to guys climbing all over her. Needless to say, I have new respect for that wheelchair to the door trip.

So the pain started to get really intense around 7pm Tuesday, when the bulk of the anesthetic wore off. Thankfully, it wore off sometime around 4am that night. This is especially good since I believe I was taking pain pills like they were skittles. So as of now, it feels like I was just hit by a truck, not a train full of trucks. Anyway, I’ll be back at work tomorrow and I’ll catch you all up soon thereafter. I just wanted to send out a quick thank you and update and smiley face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment