Friday, February 9, 2001

Up and Running

Up and Running

Well, today is the 1/2 year anniversary of the Bad Day. Six months ago today, I ruptured my left Achilles tendon. It's not really all that exciting. I didn't take it out to dinner to celebrate or anything. Actually, we ran the loop together. I started running again last week. Which means I started wanting to do other things. Which means I will inevatibly rerupture it soon enough.

I was talking to one of the counselors I had over the summer. The day camp counselors, that is. Not the other counselors. Anyway, I told him that I had to go through about 3 hours of physical therapy a day for the first four months. I went on to tell him that I had to do these excercises where I'd have to move a towel with a can of soup on it across the floor with my foot and I'd also have to get ultrasound done to my tendon. He asked me what the ultrasound was for...

Quote Of the Day 2/9/01

Me: "To break up the scar tissue around my tendon."
Sam: "Well... where does it go?"


That's a damn good question that I never bothered to think about until he brought it up. I hope they've thought about that ahead of time.


Up and running again,

Crippled Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment