Tuesday, September 22, 1998

Musac and the Home Run Race

Well, I liked the musac that they had at Bennigans at first. In fact, i was excited. I was like "Wow, Bruce Hornsby, Billy Joel, Paul Simon... this stuff is pretty cool!" But now I hate that shit!!! I go home with at least three songs stuck in my head. And they're perpetually stuck there too because I hear them four or five times every other day, for crying out loud!!! I hate the Hooch. I don't have it. I don't want it... Hell, I don't even know what the hell it is!! Jose, the fry cook used to have it, but he took some penicillin and it went away. And I've heard You Can Call Me Al so many times now, I'm starting to think that I actually wrote it. And what's worse are the songs that I hate. I no longer believe that they put a man on the moon just to spite Michael Stipe. And I've started seriously talking back to the speakers. Loudly, and violently, and in front of my customers. I think I'm getting fired soon.

Well, this conversation was between my roommate and I. We actually saw each other at home for the first time in almost two weeks. I got home at 2:00, and to my surprise he was there and awake. I said "Hey. I'm home early." And he said "Yeah. I'm up late." OR something like that. Anyway, we were watching the news (it was 2:00 and we have only 3 channels), and the biggest news story (well, second biggest I guess), came on. We got to talking about it and here are our thoughts on the race...


Quote Of the Day 9/22/98

"Yeah. They're like tied, and everybody is like 'Wow!... ... Mark McGwire has 65 home runs!'"
-In like Flynn


OK, so maybe it's not exactly fall-down belly laughter, but it's kind of introspectively funny. OK, well maybe it's not even interesting at all. I don't care. I already typed it. I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. Laugh or go to hell.


Don't ever call me Al,
Al.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment