Friday, February 27, 1998

Quakeheads

Hey everybody out there. I want to apologize. It's my first late quote of the semester. I had basketball games to play/watch/ref from noon until 6, and then the volleyball game to go to, and finally the Wedding Singer to go watch. So as you can tell, I was up to my ears in wok. Well, that should read "up to my ears in work," but I guess I easily could have been up to my ears in wok. Oh, and another thing. The Wedding Singer is a pretty cool movie, but if you're not in the mood to have 8 to 12 cheesy 80's songs stuck in your head for the rest of the night, go see something else. If not, feel free to up chuck the boogie to the rhythm of the boogedy bee. But warn me first, because I've stopped carrying my mop around with me. (?)

Here's a little social commentary on those two guys that always hang out in their rooms playing Quake all the time. Greg and Tim. They are, for the most part, pretty cool people (at least Greg is), but they just never leave their room because they are addicted to that damn Quake thing. I guess I can relate. A few of you may still remember that whole "Magic" thing that physically sucked everybody into the lounge for anywhere from 8 to 24 hours on a given day (you're still out there  somewhere, aren't you Earl?). Well, at any rate, I walked into Greg's room on my way out to play basketball. I remember Greg complaining about how he really wanted to get on a team, but he missed the sign-up deadline, so I thought I'd extend my invitation to play with a few of us in the Fieldhouse that night. He and Tim were busy playing Quake at the time. (I wasn't too surprised). His response was extremely enthusiastic, but you could still tell that he wasn't playing full attention because of the Quake factor...


Quote Of the Day 2/27

Me: "Hey Greg, I'm going to the Fieldhouse to play basketball and I was wondering if you wanted to come?"
Greg: "COOL! WHERE?"


The really funny thing is that after Greg, Kathryn and I were laughing for about a minute, Tim asks if he missed something.


Love, big hair, and the moonwalk,
Boy Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment