Wednesday, February 11, 1998

Only in College

OK. Here's a little dose of something I now call "only in college." I got to dinner the other day and sat down to eat some chicken or something. Whatever. It really doesn't matter that much. Well, upon completion, I stood up and told everyone I was going to get more food. Russ said he would but there was nothing good in the dining hall. I told him I was just going to get cereal. He exclaims "Brilliant!" and then proceeds to tell me that he's starving because he hasn't had anything to eat since his burrito for breakfast. I found the contradiction quite amusing. (Note: contradiction isn't exactly the word I wanted to use right there, but I got very tired of trying to think of the word I really wanted to use.)
Well, anyway, that is something that I would say fits under the category "only in college." Kinda like the phrase "7 in the afternoon." Again, you would here that phrase "only in college."

OK, in trying to stay on the topic of Scattergories Week, I'm finding some problems. One is that there are very few quotes left. In fact, today's is the last one. And the other is that this one is kinda funny, but not REALLY good. Oh, well, I still think it's worth sharing, because I've had the same thoughts about some of the dining hall food. We were playing Scattergories back home (same game as yesterday's), and the topic was ice cream flavors and the letter was S. Joe or Leigh, or somebody wrote down Spumoni. Now I worked at Friendly's for three years (I'm not bragging, I'm just sayin') and I never heard anybody order a spumoni sundae, or a brownie bottom spumoni, so I asked what the hell kind of ice cream is that!?! And my argument fell apart when Mike had actually heard of the stuff...


Quote Of the Day 2/11

"Yeah, spumoni. It's like chocolate, vanilla, and... green."


I still don't think I've ever seen the stuff, but Mike didn't do too good
of a job at selling it.


Driving the great quote caravan,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment