Thursday, February 19, 1998

Byte by Byte

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's the story of Snow White:
This 15 year old girl goes up to her mother and asks her if she can go live with these seven guys in the woods. I wonder what that conversation could have possibly been like:
"Mom, can I go live with these seven older guys in the woods?"
"Well, what do they do? Are they field scientists?"
"No, they're coal miners."
"Do they have a house out there?"
"Well, it's kinda like this shack made out of a tree."
"Well, what are you going to do out there?"
"Oh, I'm gonna take care of them."
(mother pauses a while) "Sure, have fun."

And I had to be in at 11 o' clock.

OK, guys. I'm bidding you farewell. Reason being that I've just installed You Don't Know Jack with Acrophobia soon to follow on Suzanne's computer. I'm officially changing my mailing address next week, and you can reach me there. Anyway, as I was downloading it, my complete lack of computer knowledge caused me to constantly ask Russ if I was doing everything correctly. Now, in case you don't know this, Potomac dorm has ethernet connection, which is apparently about 500 or 600 times more fast than whatever system is running Suzanne's computer in Susquehanna. And so one of the times I turned to Russ to ask if everything looked like it should look, he replies to me...


Quote Of the Day 2/19

"I'll tell you what it shouldn't look like. (Points to this thing that says '0.4 K/sec) Point 4 K per second. I could run over and get the stuff byte by byte and it would be faster than that."
-Russell "the pointless guard" Johnson


You gotta love that computer nerd humor.


Loving you guys byte by byte,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment