Tuesday, February 17, 1998

Perpetual Motion

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but when I sneeze, I get really into it. Like no holds barred, man. When I have to sneeze, I just let the thing take over my entire body until it's done. It feels great. Some people think that it rivals a mini orgasm. Now I like the entire sneezing process, but I highly doubt that. At least, I hope that isn't the case. Of course, I have no real ground to stand on, but if it is, I'm going out in the rain naked more often!
Well, anyway, what I started saying is that I let myself loose when I sneeze, and earlier today, I could feel one coming up in my room. I stopped writing whatever I was writing, because that would have gotten that sneeze crap all over it. And the sneeze came while I was trying to put that stuff aside, so I was in motion to my right. Anyway, the sneeze came, and I quick threw my stuff on the bed and that motion must have been enough to disorient me temporarily. My head tilted back and snapped forward really fast, as it does when I sneeze. Well, long story short, I cracked my head on my wooden bedpost. I blacked out, and I didn't know if it was from the sneeze or the impact, so I panicked for two seconds. My vision came back a little bit at a time, and surprisingly, my head didn't hurt all that much. My first thought was "Thank God nobody saw me do that, because that would have been very embarrassing." So instead, I thought I'd tell you all about it later. Makes sense.

My friends from back home are really funny. Actually they're not. I'm lying to all of you. I hang out with the biggest bunch of idiots on the planet when I go home. And here's an example of just how dumb they are:
There are two brothers, Kevin and Erick. Erick has a girlfriend who, through some extraordinary stroke of luck, isn't dumb, and likes him (sounds like a contradiction there). Anyway, she bought him a tiny little thingy thing for Christmas. It was wooden, about 6 inches tall, and had a series of little ramps that if you dropped a little tiny silver ball on the top one, it would go down to the next one, and to the next one, and through about five or six of these ramps all the way to the bottom. The thingy thing came with its own little tiny silver balls that were the perfect shape to slide down this wooden piece of... work. It's not a very complex piece of machinery. Well, Kevin, Erick's younger brother, says "Wow, neat!" and proceeds to pick up one ball at a time and drop them on the top ramp and watches in amazement as they all make their way down to the bottom, where Kevin would pick them up from and repeat the process. As he picks up another ball and watches it roll down the simple model, Kevin asks...


Quote Of the Day 2/17

Kevin: "HEY! Is this a perpetual motion thing?"
Maria: "Yeah... If you keep doing it."



Kevin is a psychology major. That might help put things into perspective.


Sleeping with the television on,
Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment