Friday, February 13, 1998

Thank You!!

You guys are AWESOME!!! That was the coolest thing that's ever happened to me in my entire life. If I could take all of you and fit you into one gorgeous woman, I'd give you a BIG sloppy kiss and have my way with you several times on the plywood scaffolding (that's a compliment). I mean, if I could take all of your limbs individually and separate them from your body, and melt them down into one tiny little gummi worm, I'd eat it slow as I possibly could just so I could savor the taste (I'm not sure what that was). What I should say is thank you guys, from the bottom of every damn organ in my body. Except maybe my appendix, because I'm not so sure I still have mine in, and I don't want to make you guys promises I can't keep, because I love you guys, and you deserve more from me. For those of you who aren't quite sure what I'm talking about, a huge group of people tricked me into staying in my room last night thinking someone was coming down on business, and then about 15 people showed up at my door at 11:00 at night, and gave me a 19" TV for graduation!! (Couldn't get that one last inch, could ya? (-:P ) Well, now I feel obligated to graduate. That's a hell of a lot of pressure on a guy. But if for no other reason, I'll do it for you guys... And the TV, but mostly for you guys. You're awesome!!!! And it works. I hooked it up and watched some TV after you all left at 3 in the morning last night. I watched some good infomercials. The Ab-Blaster is already on its way.

Well, I wish I had a very special quote saved up for such a grand occasion. But I don't. So you'll have to take this one for what it's worth. Alright, I was describing this situation to a few of my close friends and the situation was that I knew a girl whose friend was really cute. And so they asked me if I would have hooked up with her or not, and of course the answer was yes (though we all knew the likelihood of this to be the null set). So then I was trying to refer back to the first girl that I was talking about, the girl who had the friend that I wanted to hook up with. But I didn't want to end the sentence in a preposition, (old fourth grade english habit) and both with and up are prepositions, so I was having a hard time finishing my sentence. It took a while, but we all figured out how to phrase that clause without leaving a dangling preposition...


Quote Of the Day 2/13

"She's a girl whose friend up with which I'd like to hook."
-Me (with some help from smarter people)


The things I do for good grammar...



The guy with which you can up help the TV hook,
Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...



*And thanks again guys. You're the best.*

No comments:

Post a Comment