Sunday, February 15, 1998

The Ride Is Over

OK,since this is a special day, I'll give you guys a special treat today. First of all, I hate about 95% of all love poetry, so in order for there to be a love poem that I could appreciate, I had to write one myself. It hits close to home, and I hope it lightens up anybody out there who is cynical when it comes to Valentine's Day and the undertones associated with it. Hope you enjoy...


The Ride Is Over

The ride is now over, the thrill is now gone
But it still looks as tempting as when you got on
The hills seem much higher and plentifully more
And the valleys don't seem quite as steep as before.

You beg and you plead that they must let you stay
But more people get on and they push you away
You cannot leave now - One last trip would be fine
But to get on again, you must get back in line.

The ride is now over, the fun is all gone
The chest bar has risen - you want to stay on
And as you flashback to the thrill of the ride
Your frail body shutters, you feel good inside.

You glance one last time at those admission gates
But there's no time for that; more pleasure awaits
There are plenty of rides in your favorite theme park
And another few hours before it gets dark.


by Dustin Fisher


and that's why I'm...

Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment