Wednesday, February 18, 1998

The Vague Guess Hotline

I don't know if I ever told you guys this, but I have developed a real affinity for redheads in the past year or so. I have almost regressed to the point where my standards for the rest of the girl's face, body, and personality drop as long as she has red hair... The same with blonds and brunettes. ;)
I don't know if you guys out there know this or not, but I WILL be graduating this May, and this inherently implies that I am going to have to start looking for a real job. I mean not that playing dodge ball isn't a real job, but I'm just not very good at it. I just seriously doubt that I could go national, and that's the only real place that there is any money in the medium. And my Swim Fishy Swim game has gone seriously downhill since the whole ankle thing happened. So I was thinking of starting one of those phone hotline things. Kinda like the "Psychic Friends Hotline," and all those others, but I'd call mine "The Vague Guess Hotline." People would call me and I'd tell them stuff like "You are having some sort of conflict" and "Life hasn't been picture perfect these past few months, has it?" and people would love it because I'm doing the same thing those other guys do, only I'm not trying to be parasitic about it. (BTW, I made up one of the words in that last sentence. See if you can try to pick it out.) And instead of telling them that they would soon get a lot of money, or go on a trip far away, I'd say stuff like "Nobody really likes you" and "They DO know where you live, and they ARE out to get you." Anybody want to invest?

Okey dokey, pokeys, it's quote time. I was hanging out around the desk chillin with Ed, who, in case none of you know this, is really funny in a subtle way. Apparently I had walked in on a conversation about Fuddruckers (or any of its derived nicknames), and Ed was describing his last trip to the bulky burger joint...


Quote Of the Day 2/18

"That burger was freakin' huge! It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to pick it up."
-Mr. Ed, Potomac's talking desk staff horse


I remember doing the same thing when I was on crutches. I had gotten my food and drinks and just stared at my tray and crutches for about 10 minutes, before I finally decided to eat right there in the drink line.



Sniffing lots of pepper and wearing a helmet,
Sneezing Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment