Monday, February 16, 1998

The Valentines Virus

I don't knock Valentine's Day as a national holiday, but I have to question a few things about it. Does anybody else find it disturbing that those little candy hearts that used to say stuff like "Be mine" and "You're cool" now say things like "You suck," "Fuck off," and "Stop following me around, you pink hatted bastard!"? And why are they all of a sudden written in pen too?

Seriously, the little hearts now say stuff like "outta web site" and "click here" and "upload my floppy." OK, one of those is a lie. Actually, two of them are a lie, and I'm not sure about the other one, but I know there was a common theme. The internet has grown so fast, it has now taken over Valentine's Day. What's next? A tale of this virtual bunny that hops to everyone's house hiding little tiny mouse balls for the boys and girls to find in their hard drives, and only their Mother board knows where they are?

Well, anyway, we were at dinner the other night, and I was asking people a little sports trivia just for kicks. The question at hand was whether or not there were more people in the NBA over 7 feet or under 6 feet. I asked around and Russ answered that he thought there were more people under 6 feet than people over 7 feet tall. I informed him that he was wrong and the answer was that there are actually more people in the NBA that are over 7 feet than under 6 feet...


Quote of the Day 2/16

"That would have been my second guess."
-Russ


Actually, we all know that would have been at least his third guess.



Love, Liberace, and the pursuit of hacky sacks,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment