Wednesday, February 4, 1998

A Dad in New York

Well, I just got Jiggy wit it, and will somebody please remind me to stretch before I do that next time. No wonder we never see Jazzy Jeff anymore.
Well, it's another beautiful day in Baltimore. (For all you out a staters, that is complete sarcasm. It's about 30 degrees and raining like a banshee). Why can't it just snow, damnit!! It's just annoying. And what I really don't understand is that it was like 60 degrees all last month. I went out and played tennis on January 2nd. Now, it's so cold, even I'm wearing pants. You heard me right. I'm wearing long pants today. And you know those clever comments that I mentioned yesterday that people would say when I was on crutches? These are even less clever. I swear to God, 5 people had something to say about me wearing pants this morning, and every single one was, and I quote, "You're wearing pants!" The inflection changed slightly from subject to subject, but that was the extent of the creativity of the comments I received. "You're wearing pants!" That's it. And yesterday, I got at least 4 or 5 people saying "Put some pants on," or some variation of it. I can't win. Or I can't lose, depending on how you look at it. Or maybe my life is just one long tie. Don't think about that one too long. I just did and nothing came of it.

Well, my family and I went to New York City this break to see The Capeman, Paul Simon's musical. The city was really cool, and the musical was good too. My dad started talking about how I needed to get a job and an apartment up here so he could live here for a year and visit all the libraries to get a lot of information. He's a big information junkie. Anyway, these are his thoughts on if he got to live in New York for a year...


Quote Of the Day 2/4

"I would be filled with so much information, it would be a sin to let me die."
My father, the hero...



...sandwich.

Taking over for Jazzy Jeff,
Grandmaster Quote.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment