Thursday, February 12, 1998

Teaching a New Dog the Only Trick

I know it's only Thursday, but I now officially declare an end to Scattergories week. It was going to start getting ugly really soon. I don't know if you all remember Tuesday's message, but it was something about "I got 8 again..." Anyway, I had been on time everyday this semester with the quote of the day, so I wanted to keep that trend going as long as possible. Come 11:33 Tuesday night, I hadn't started the quote yet and it takes me an average of about 37 minutes to do the quote, so I was going to have to hurry up. Well, I started it, and forgot it was Scattergories week, so I had to run back to get my old notes, and I had a brain freeze, and whatever... Well, I typed it in, sent the thing, and turned around to look at the clock. It said 5 after midnight, but I knew it was fast. But it wasn't that fast. Anyway, I decided to check my message to see exactly how much I missed it by, and according to the computer clock, I had sent the message at Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:59:37. I was so proud of myself. That's the kind of thing that makes my day. Unfortunately, there were only 23 seconds left in that day that I made. But MAN did I enjoy them!

My mother is not known in our family for her sense of humor, but with my sister, father and myself picking on her constantly, I must say that she never really got a chance. Anyway, I went home for break and found out that we had a little dog. As anybody who's ever seen him will tell you, he's the coolest little dog that ever lived. He's almost fully grown, and if I tried real hard, I could probably fit him entirely in my mouth. And if dad hadn't walked in when he did, I would be able to tell you for sure. Well, anyway, he pees a lot. And all over. That's the justice in having a cute dog, I guess. Well, my mom was leaving the house, and that means that Romeo (the dog) follows her all the way downstairs hoping that he will get to go out too. And these were mom's last words to Romeo before she left the house...


Quote Of the Day 2/12

"STAY! And stop peeing on everything."
-Quote Momma D


Poor dog. I don't think he understood either part.



Every dog's favorite chew toy,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment