Saturday, October 7, 1995

Quote Of the Day 10/7/1995

Hi guys. It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, not much has happened in the past 5 or so hours, but one thing that did happen was rather painful. Everyone who was there or heard is probably laughing their heads off remembering the incident. And for those of you who heard a loud, REALLY LOUD scream last night and didn't know what it was, this was it:
We're playing hallway baseball and I come in as a relief pitcher after Mark just about walks the bases loaded. I strike out the first batter on 3 straight pitches. I get the next guy (Chris) to an 0 and 2 count. On the very next pitch, he swings his table leg (or whatever it was) and nailed the tennis ball harder than I'd ever seen a tennis ball go. And it came straight back at me. It bounced once, but the ball was too damn fast for me to be able to react. So not thinking I'd ever need an athletic supporter to play hallway baseball, I hit the ground crying and sucking my thumb in the fetal position, and apparently turned a shade of gray. People in the basement were awoken by the scream. The RA on duty got 5 verbal complaints. My mom called me up to ask if I was O.K. And in my pain, other people took pleasure. And to this, the peanut gallery exclaimed:

Quote Of the Day 10/7

"Two balls, one strike."
-Chris, Scott, and assorted other jokesters.



I'm sure I'm going to hear about this for the next couple of days, and I'll probably be feeling it for at least another week or so. Ironic how I played an entire game of softball today without an injury, and I get creamed the first hit of hallway baseball.


No longer still standing right here,
Dustin.

No comments:

Post a Comment