Monday, October 16, 1995

Quote Of the Day 10/16/1995

Well, guys, I'm sure you already read this one (at least most of you) and I like it. I'm going to make that the quote of the day for today because I like it so much, and I'm kinda lazy. Another good RENFEST quote came from Johnny Fox, the sword swallower: "Oh, for those of you waiting for the balloon to came back up,... manyana." If you were there, you're laughing hard right about now, even though I'm just about positive I spelled "manyana" wrong. But here are Jay and the Balladeers with the...

************************************************************************

Quote Of the Day 10/16


Hey all!

This is very uncharacteristic of me I know, but I had a quote I just had to share. Many of you went to RENFEST either Sat. or Sun. There is a singing trio there called the Bawdy Balladeers. Jay, Cheryle, James, Jay and I went to see their show Sunday and Jay and I were in the front row. In the song "The Scotsman", one of the Balladeers decided to pick on Jay. The song is about a drunk Scotsman who makes the mistake of passing out on the side of a street and three women pass by. After admiring what God has given him under his kilt, they leave a blue ribbon tied up in a bow around his male member. Well, at the verse where they sing about that, they go into the audience and tie a bow around some man's finger (in this case Jay) and ask him to hold up his arm. Hence when they asked the following question, they got a very interesting answer:

"The question is, sir, how long can you keep it up?"
Jay replied, "How long do you want me to keep it up?"

One of the Balladeers dropped her tambourine and said, "I've been waiting my whole life for a man to ask me that question!"

I really enjoyed that and laughed for a full 5 minutes. I really wished that I had a video camera so I could've played it back for you all. I hope the written version is as funny as it was live!!

Shannonie

*************************************************************************


Sitting on anthills with honey on my butt,
Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment