Wednesday, January 13, 1999

The Opposite of the Billy Jean Video

Well, I have lots of exciting cynical commentary ahead, but first I have to tell you guys about UMBC's basketball team. If any of you get a chance to, our basketball team is featured on the front page of CBS's NCAA basketball website today (Saturday). If you can (and if you care), check it out: "This is the best our basketball team has ever done. I think the season finally turned around on October 28th, the day that Russ finally decided not to go out for the team. Well, thank you Russ. We owe it all to you."

Well, did any of you guys go outside yesterday? It was freaking amazing out! Whole branches had fallen off of trees! And not like little branches either. Like big f---ing branches!! Half of a tree had fallen off near where I live. I was riding my bike to a restaurant to get something to eat (because my car was in the shop), and branches were falling off as I was passing them. It was weird! It was like the opposite of the Billy Jean video. The only branches that saved themselves were the ones near the bottom that were resting on the ground under the pressure of all the icicle leaves that they now had (I just made up that term). Well, anyway, now it's 52 and sunny. Anybody wanna play tennis?

This quote came from a poker game that we most recently had at Kevin’s house up in PA. It wasn't all that funny, but it was a little amusing and I don’t have my notes with me, and I have to get to work, and more urgently, I have to potty like it's 1999. So here's a quote from our poker game last week...


Quote Of the Day 1/13/99

"Well, I see your quarter and I raise you the privilege of playing with me."
-Erick the Plaid


Gotta love the Prince bathroom humor.


Spreading Retriever Fever,
Big Dawgy D.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment