Thursday, January 7, 1999

Chicken Thumbs

Well, I made it all the way back down to Maryland despite inhaling the exhaust fumes that are now leaking into my car from the hole in the muffler for two straight hours. As it happens, I apparently did a lot more than I thought with that little accident. I didn't notice how loud my exhaust system was with the new hole in the muffler because the damn fan belt squeals so flippin loud. But that's always been there, so I don't worry about it. That's it! I'm never hitting another median ever again. It's turning out to be such an inconvenience. But on the other hand, I replaced the plastic bag on my window with a piece of glass. And boy, was that a pane!! **insert rolling eyes, deflated groan, and/or a swift kick in the nuts as it suits you** And ironically enough, I had to drive all the way down to MD with it down anyway, due to the exhaust needing an obvious way out. Man, I can't win.

Well, I have a follow-up to the last chicken finger joke, and this one is by the same guy on a completely separate occasion. We were eating at Pizzeria Unos in Maryland on my birthday, and we saw an item in the menu called "chicken thumbs." Well, this set Craig into "joke mode" and there was just no turning him back...


Quote Of the Day 1/7/99

"Chicken thumbs!?! What the hell is that? (turns to waitress) You know, thanks to you guys, there are thumbless chickens running around out there like this (hold hands up with thumbs concealed behind palms) 'OOooh God! NOOooo!! Oh, if it weren't for you, we'd be able to use tools...'"
Craig Klukus
Animal Rights Activists


He went on, but his attempts to cut his steak without thumbs can only translate so well over e-mail.


Protector of the chicken thumbs,
Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment