Tuesday, January 12, 1999

Slurpee Weather

Well, everybody, you'll be upset to hear that I probably won't be bitching about my car too much anymore. I finally broke down and decided to get it fixed. Well, it wasn't necessarily ME that broke down. Well, among the things that those bastard ripoff pricks are fixing are:
A) Three cracked fan belts
B) Two bent axles
C) One muffler with large hole in it
D) A partridge in a pear tree
E) One window that doesn't roll up all the way (other one already fixed)

Among the things he's not fixing are these:
A) Low idle (costs too much and I can handle my car stalling here and there. Besides, it will make for better stories)
B) Missing windshield wiper (forgot to ask him)
C) General ugliness of the vehicle (too expensive)
D) Stereo with 6-CD changer (he's not going to install one)
E) Big screw on front seat (I found it on the floor after I hit the median Christmas Eve and I could never figure out where it came from. I set it there and asked him to "see what he could do.")

Well, anyway, my car is supposed to be ready within the next hour and Stryker, cool FaTKiD that he is, is going to give me a ride to get it. When I dropped it off, Evil Joe was supposed to follow me, but he wussed out and said it was too icy. WUS!! Actually, I stood there trying to put my bike into my trunk, and I couldn't physically stay still. I kept sliding down the hill just standing there. I could tell it was going to be a fun ride over, and an even more fun bike ride back. You know how when you're driving a car in the freezing rain, how it lands on your windshield and freezes there so that you can hardly see out of it anymore? Well, that happened to my jacket and pants while I was riding my bike back down 175 and 29. Thank God I didn't have to see out of them. And I guess thank God even more that it didn't happen to my eyes. That would have been shitty because I left my scraper in the car. Anyway, it's been pretty shitty out these past few weeks. Mike and Good Tony were talking on AOL IM one day last week, when Mike was telling Tony how we got snow, then ice, then rain, then sleet, and so on. Tony was telling Mike about how Maryland does the winter thing...


Quote Of the Day 1/12/99

"Yeah, we got about 6 inches on Friday and then yesterday it  rained all day, which had the effect of covering Maryland in a giant slurpee."
-Tone-Defacator6


It's good to be back.


Looking forward to cleaning my car,
Duckstin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment