Tuesday, November 18, 1997

Wasting Redheads

I have a problem with the concept of dating. (What I'm about to talk about is a problem in the universal sense of dating, not that I specifically have a problem with the concept of dating. Hell, everybody knows that.) Anyway, I have realized that I can only really date somebody and start to like them a whole lot if we begin our relationship as something other than a couple, or an item, as some would say. If the first thing we do, or the way we meet is through a date, what’s the fun in that? Where's the chase? Speaking as a strictly narrative filmmaker, I need conflict! Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, they live happily ever after. What kind of crap is that? No one's ever gonna sell that screenplay to anybody important. Come on! I'd walk out of the theater pissed if I had to watch that movie, I sure as hell don't want to have to live in it. Of course the plot is slightly better than some. Boy doesn't meet anybody, boy ends up alone, life sucks. Fade out. I guess that's a little bit worse. I guess I should be happy if my life turns into a screenplay at all, even if it does suck.

Alrighty, all you guys. I originally wasn’t going to share this as a quote of the day, but it's too funny not too. So I'll try to hide the relatively personal parts and explain the premise. Whatever... So anyways, I was talking to Dan after I had stayed up all night for no flippin' reason about the trail of ex-girlfriends I had and the things they had in common. I started relating what they had in common to the color of their hair. OK, I told him that all of the blonds I dated did one certain thing after we broke up, and the one redhead I dated turned gay when we broke up (and no, I'm not proud, and I didn't do it completely. She was already bi.). To this, Dan replied..


Quote Of the Day 11/18

"OK, you're not allowed to date anymore redheads if you're gonna waste them like that."
-Dan (the guy who drinks a whole hell of a lot) Gregory



Boy meets girl, boy gets girl, boy turns girl gay. Now there's some conflict!


The redhead convertor,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment