Monday, November 10, 1997

No Pants November

OK. Most of you know me well enough to know that I wear shorts year round, but for those of you who don't, I wear shorts year round. Usually in any type of weather no matter what. I wore pants twice last year. Once for my job interview for the RA position (and they weren't even mine, I had to borrow them), and one other time when I went out and played tackle football in the snow (and people still called me a wus). Also, I'm a pretty sharp witted guy, and usually good with little one liners. Well, you'd think as often as I wear shorts in the cold that I'd have some sort of stock answer or witty comeback kinda deal for every time somebody says to me "Hey, isn't it a little cold for shorts?" or "Aren't you cold?" or "Hey look, that asteroid is going to kill us all, and hey, there's that freak who always wears shorts. HEY YOU! YEAH, YOU IN THE PINK HAT! PUT SOME DAMN PANTS ON, IT'S FREEZING OUT HERE! AND STOP CRYING!... Weirdo." But I don't. I have no comeback. And I feel so stupid for not having a comeback. Because then I usually just say something like "Yeah." and keep walking, thinking to myself how much of a dork I must sound like now. So if anybody has any ideas for witty retorts, please let me know. It's easy if I have my ear muffs on, because then I can just take a shot right back at them about "MY LEGS? AREN'T YOUR EARS COLD? AND STOP CRYING!... Weirdo." But without my ears muffs, I'm lost, and I could use the guidance of you 110 or so of my best friends. Thanks.

OK. I find quotes in the strangest of places sometimes. Like this one I got from that dumb RA conference I went to in DC. I only say it was dumb because for the most part, it was pretty dumb. Anyway, during our lunch this guy who was some chairman of athletic academics or something, gave what they called a "keynote speech." I didn't see the relevance. Anyway, in his opening remarks, he said that a key player on Duke's basketball team was called in to see his coach, because it was discovered that he was getting 4 F's and a D midway through the semester. His coach sat him down, and said to him...


Quote Of the Day 11/10

"Son, I think you're spending too much time on one subject."
-Duke's b-ball coach


Alright guys, it's now 4:30 and I have a screenplay to finish by 10 (I just like saying "I have a screenplay to finish." It sounds cool).


Grating you like cheese,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment