Wednesday, November 5, 1997

My Ugly Hat

Volleyball started yesterday. I already skipped two classes on the first day of games. This does not bide well for my attendance to these classes for the rest of the season. I actually skipped one of those classes just to watch a game. And it wasn't even a good game. This addiction I have to volleyball is quite unhealthy. I didn't sleep all last night because I was thinking of a better way to run a 6-2 offense. Let me rephrase that. I stayed up all last night because I'm an idiot. I just happened to pass the time by thinking about volleyball. Both our men's team (Extendo) and our coed team (Screaming Crickets) are 2-0 as of right now. But I'm trying not to get a big head about it, because we will inevitably run into the "Pucketeers" and there goes our undefeated streak. But until then, we'll enjoy the weather.

OK, this quote is about the ugliness of one of my hats (as opposed to my shirt). I have this hat that I don't wear too often, unless I know for sure that I'm not going to run into anyone I need to impress for that period of time. It's not even really pink. It's got pink in it, along with yellow and brown and black. And it's a weird fabric, especially for a hat. It feels like a curtain. And the colors are in a really ugly pattern. It's almost random really. And in a bad way. And it's even shaped funky. I have to wear it backwards or else I won't be able to see. And then I can't look up. The only reason I keep it is that it matches everything I own. Well anyway, I was at dinner with Robyn, and I traditionally take my hat off to eat (mom would be proud). So I took my hat off and set it down at the table in the middle, somewhere between Robyn and myself. She had already started eating by the time I got there, and she looks down at it and says...


Quote Of the Day 11/5

"How am I supposed to digest food with that sitting in front of me?"
-Robyn, a.k.a. "Sarcastic One"



At least she wasn't eating with Andrew's face sitting on the table.



Trying to muster up the motivation
to get out of this chair,
Dustin Sleepyhead.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment