Thursday, November 6, 1997

Jenny, I Got Your Number

You know what I just noticed about my extension (a.k.a. Stryker told me a while ago),? Remember that hit song of the 80's called "Jenny" followed by a phone number? My extension is the first 4 digits of that phone number (x8675). And coincidentally enough, the remaining 3 numbers in order, are the amount of points scored by OA in our second volleyball game, followed by the amount of points Diablo scored in their second game against us, and finally ended with my favorite number plus 4. It's almost to the point of freakin me out!

OK. I confess. I listen to country music. And one thing I noticed is that there are an amazingly high percentage of male country singers named Tracy. Tracy Bird, Tracy Atkins, Tracy Lawrence, and I'm sure there have got to be more. Well, a while ago, I asked a group of people sitting at a dinner table why they supposed that was so. Here's the end of the conversation:


Quote Of the Day 11/6

ME: "Why are so many male country singers named Tracy?"
TONY (after a brief pause): "Well, what else are they gonna do?"


Guys named Leslie turn into wacko actors, guys named Shannon play tight end for Denver football teams, why shouldn't guys named Tracy make a living whining about crap to that steel guitar twang?


Student, athlete, and masochist,
Dustin.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment