Tuesday, November 4, 1997

My Ugly Shirt

I forgot how much fun Halloween could be. I went to Fells Point for the first time ever on Halloween last Friday. When we got there, there were these five or six guys with drums on straps, and they were roaming all around the streets, and stopping occasionally, creating a kind of dancing area right in front of them. At one point, they stopped and these two girls who didn't know each other, dressed up like Poison Ivy and Catwoman, started really getting into it with each other. They were getting extremely graphic considering they were in the middle of a street packed with people moreso than I've ever seen. And I cannot express to you guys in words how upset I was that I had a Riddler costume sitting in a ball at home on the floor, having just been taken off not an hour prior to that moment. Damn. It was also a little discouraging that the one time I dressed in normal clothes (long pants and very few fluorescent things) to go out, I still looked awkward.

This quote came from a while ago, and I hope you guys can still appreciate it. I wore my favorite shirt into the dining hall (the button down one that is mostly skittle green, but has about 4 other gaudy pastel colors in it that don't match each other), and ran into quite a few people who haven't seen me in the shirt before. Jason Yankus, a pretty good friend of mine saw me for the first time in about a week, with my shirt on, and of course a bright pink hat to accompany it, and the first thing he had to say to me wasn't "Hi" or "What's going on" or anything like that. He just walked straight up to me and said...


Quote Of the Day 11/4

"WOW! Don't walk under a black light. You'll hurt somebody."
-Yankus


That still doesn't equal the damage Andrew's face can do under a normal light. (Bring it on, Proz!)


A statistic in a system that a civil servant dominates,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment