Thursday, December 10, 1998

It's better to have loved and lost then...

Well, apparently, you guys haven't been getting the messages I haven't been sending. I blame Russ, Clinton, and the greed of the NBA.

Well, if you can think back to the last few quotes of the day, I've been complaining about my faulty window that doesn't roll all the way up. Actually, it doesn't really "roll" at all, but I've already gone over that. Well, I have found a solution to the window thing. Well, I'm defining the term "solution" very lightly here. I just recently had somebody smash the back driver side window of my car. Apparently, mine was one of five cars to have that happen to them that night around the loop. That's not the most fun thing to find when you go out to your car at 3:30 in the morning. They had opened my ashtray and there was trash all over the place, but nothing was missing, including my Billy Joel tape, which was still on my front passenger seat. I was almost offended. Anyway, so now I'm back to missing a window again. That'll teach me to leave my windows up. Thankfully, Mother Nature forgot to hit the "winter" button. It was 79 degrees earlier this week. At this rate, I'll be doing more golfing than skiing this winter. Strangely enough though, I'll probably still fall on my ass the same amount of times, either way.

Well, this week's quote is the result of last week's contest, the wittiest completion of the saying "It is better to have loved and lost, than..." Well, anyway, I must say that most of the entries were very bitter, which is right up my alley, and all entries involving Russ were ignored this time, though there were more than a bushel full of those. And though it may be better to have loved and lost than to have to use your hand seven times a day, Kevin, there are a few better entries. And whoever said it's better to have loved and lost than to not get laid in three months is spoiled to the point where I want to kick her in the nads. That's right!! I'll give her some nads, just so I can kick her in them too! Anyway, here is what the panel of judges (me) came up with as the best non-Russ related response:

"It's better to have loved and lost then... to have had the entire surface of your body vigorously scrubbed with a cheese grater while showering in lemon juice...barely."
-Dan the RA (Resident Alcoholic)


I think Dan does it wrong.


Loving and losing,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment