Monday, December 28, 1998

Car Problems and Funny Nana

Well, I hope everybody's Christmas wasn't as crappy as mine. I got Good Joe to look at my car, and he had some bad news for me. Apparently, both tires, as a general rule, are supposed to be pointing in the same direction. Well, to sum up, mine aren't. They are pointing in the same general direction, which is positive. But Joe says that that kind of stuff causes the car to shake and rattle, which is the number one reason for all car failure. Also, the axle is bent and the oil pan is dented. And the window is still broken. But I actually got a piece of plastic to stay up there. This now, however, is very inconvenient for a number of things. For instance, I was driving for a while and decided to chew a piece of gum. Well, when I was ready to spit it out, I turned around toward the back seat out of habit, and realized that this path was no longer an option. And I still can't really roll down my front window. So I would have to reach over to my passenger side window, and stretch out my arm all that way, while trying to hold my newly disaligned steering wheel from veering into either of the two lanes on the sides of me where people were driving a lot faster than me. So I swallowed it. And that's another thing. I drive a lot slower now. I want to be fully prepared when my front left tire flies off my car. I actually spend a good amount of time out on the road looking for safe places to steer toward when it happens. And the car really doesn't shake a lot more or do any other random funky thing that it didn't before, but now I'm more scared about it. I guess I just have to get louder speakers. That'll fix those noises.

So Christmas night rolled around and I didn't get that brand new Oldsmobile rear driver's side window under the tree. Or any volleyball team. Oh well. So as I was leaving, I decided to try to duct tape some plastic to my window. I asked Char (my sis) if she had any duct tape, to which she said that she had just seen some in my old room and borrowed it...


Quote Of the Day 12/28/98

Char: "Yeah, we have some. I just abducted some duct tape."
Nana: "So now it's just tape."


That's right! Even my grandma's funny.


Funkier than most dirt,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment