Wednesday, November 11, 1998

Another Uninteresting Story

This was weird. First a little background. I bought my car used from some family this summer. It's an 86 Oldsmobile, and I didn't exactly give it a full inspection before I bought it. The whole thing moved forward when I stepped on the gas, so I bought it for the $600 they asked me for. OK. So that's how I got my car. This was August. Sometime two weeks ago, after listening to the radio for every single second that I was in my car, I was singing along to whatever song was on the radio (probably very loudly and off-key, but that's not very important), and out of nowhere the front left speaker came on. I've had the car for a little over three months and I've heard absolutely nothing come out of that speaker ever. Then all of a sudden, it's blaring full blast out of that speaker. It was cool. I jammed to the stereo sound that I didn't have before all my way to work (which was only another 5 or 10 minutes), and got out of the car feeling all cool. I went throughout my day and enough time had passed and enough stuff had happened that made me forget about the speaker earlier that morning. I turned the car on and drove home without the help of the front left speaker. In fact it didn't even dawn on me that it wasn't working for another few days until the same song came on. Ya know, I just now realized how incredibly uninteresting this story is, so I'm going to end it now.

Hey, this is the last quote before the results to the "It's better to have loved and lost..." one comes out. So if you want to have your entry be a potential quote of the day, you'd better get it to me soon. OK. This quote is pretty self-explanatory. My friend was over my house and we were standing around talking to my dad, who had a cigarette behind his back and smoke rising from above his shoulder...


Quote Of the Day 11/11/98

"Do you have a cigarette behind your back? It's either that, or you're on fire."
-Mike "Lover2Russ@aol.com " Conover


Mom poured cold water on him just in case.


Still the one,
Shania Twain (Dustin).


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment