Wednesday, November 11, 1998

Stuck Shut

You guys ever hear of the phrase "leave well enough alone?" Well, those words go in one side of my brain and out the other. You guys remember my window, and how I did some mechanical manipulation to get it to get stuck in the up position instead of down? Well, I futzed with it. It was a nice day out, and I decided to see if some auto-fairy visited my car overnight, and thought maybe it was miraculously put together other than the way I had last left it. Well, it wasn't. I got curious and said "hey, I wonder what would happen if I tried to roll my window down now?" Well, first there was this release of tension and a loud bang accompanying it. Then the window flew straight down into the door. Being the quick guy that I am, and also having just prepared myself for this exact reaction, I was able to grab it before it went all the way down. Forty minutes and a phillips head screwdriver later, it was stuck in the up position. Sort of. Now I have the window permanently opened about an inch. And if you wanted to break in, you could just sort of push it down. But I've decided not to try to futz with it. That's good enough for now.

I was really tired one day after work here at the office. As I was about to leave, Stryker asked me if I was going out that night. I told him I'd be thankful if I could just manage to stay awake on the drive home...


Quote Of the Day 11/11/98

"Well it's a shame you're window is stuck shut."
-Strike Force I


Bite me, Strike Force.


The other white meat,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment