Wednesday, April 2, 1997

Wandering Unprepared Into Similes

Apparently I caught more than a few of you with my little prank. In fact, your gullibility as a whole exceeded even my expectations. And they were pretty high to begin with. I got more than a number of messages back asking me why I was quitting and Khannover actually wrote a quote of the day. SuperDave asked to be taken off the list if I wasn't running it anymore. And Dave, though I appreciate your loyalty, I must mock your incompetence. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, read that last message over. ALL OF IT! You may notice that the little % thingy is only around 50% at what most people thought was the end of my message. Nine times out of ten, that means that there is more to come. Well, there's no need to dwell on it, though I did have fun with it.

Last Thursday, the track team had their first ever home meet at the new track. In case you didn't know (and why would you?), but when Teresa Love runs, her face turns really bright red. In fact, it was so red, Tony just had to comment on it...


Quote Of the Day 4/2

"Man, her face is redder than... (pause for 3 seconds)... something that isn't quite as red."
-Tony Harris, master of the English language




Moral: Know the punchline before you start the joke. What Tony had was the embryo of a joke. Though he quickly put it in the joke incubator, tragically, the joke died. But still, a nice try.



Not necessarily the news,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment