Wednesday, April 2, 1997

Conover Gets Confused

> From the desk of Michael Conover...

I must refuse, both on the grounds that you spelled my name wrong, and you  didn't refer to me by my rightful title, "Ruler of Life, the Universe, and Everything, and That's Final So Back Off." However, I will make every attempt to fulfill my duties, and in the event that the first Miss America cannot, I will happily step into her position.

For my first trick, this is something I was told by my brother, who is currently working at Red Lobster while putting himself through grad school. To pay the bills, he routinely works over 50 hours a week, and he's always looking for more hours. Everyone around the place knows that PJ is the guy to call if you need to drop some hours, but he felt that putting up sign would help his cause. He should have rephrased it.

"To: All Waiters/Waitresses

Too busy, or just need some time to relax? If you need to get off, call PJ, and he'll do the job for you."

So far he's gotten calls from Pee Wee Herman, "Uncle" Eddie Savitz, and of course, Bill Clinton.


In parting I'd like to refer to the wise words of Jack Handey.

"The face of child says a lot. Especially the mouth part of the face."


Flipping my dreidel,

Yelnick

No comments:

Post a Comment