Thursday, October 7, 1999

Bad Hair Days

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Carrie Clemmer wrote:

> Though I'm not a big fan of writing to mass audiences, I felt it necessary to
> point out that you also have to remove your hat to visit public schools, to
> sing the National Anthem, and to attempt to right the haircut that went so
> wrong.
>
> -Friendly Carrie
> (Hi Dustin.)

Well, Carrie... I know you haven't seen me in a while, but I'm not yet that country singer I always wanted to be, so I don't see myself singing the national anthem anytime soon, and I've almost stopped hanging out at public high schools altogether. I've found I just need to get college chicks drunker. And as far as the hat removal when I right my wrong haircut, I will probably not be looking for her in an all male barber shop, if I choose to go to one of those. Which, of course, increases the chances of me finding her. And this just perpetuates the cycle that has become the great paradox of the single male in the 90s. I'm not sure what I just said, but I think I'm going to stick with that bonnet idea.

So have we all gotten our 2 cents in about how to fix my haircut? And I'd like to point out that neither Steve or Carrie have seen the aberration this is my head. I haven't spoken to either of them in a collective 3 or 4 years, and the first thing out of their font is a criticism about what they can only think my haircut might look like. Losers.

Well, intramural soccer is finally over, which means winners for both the mens league and the coed league had to be determined. Which generally means that we would hand out t-shirts to the winners of these two leagues. But like happens so often in our Rec Sports Department, they aren't ready yet. And why aren't they ready? Gary took his grand old time ordering them again. Well, my fellow ref Andy, the t-shirt artist Jeremy, myself, and all the Polish Mafia were there after the final soccer game. Evil Joe proceeded to ask me why the shirts weren't finished...


Quote Of the Day 10/7/99

Evil Joe: (paraphrased)"Yo nigga! Why ain't da shirts be ready yet?"
Me: "Gary. And trust me, I've been on his ass for the last month."
Jeremy: "Yeah. I've been on his ass all summer."
Andy: "And that's exactly where Gary's been all summer, on his ass."


That must be a big ass to fit 3 people on it all summer.


Ass sitter extraordinaire,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment