Tuesday, April 28, 1998

Nice Sac

I was out playing a men's softball game the other day, and for those of you that don't know, if there's a guy on third, and less than two outs, and the batter hits the ball into the outfield and gets out, but the runner reaches home on the play, it's called a sacrifice fly. Now, I probably didn't need to tell more than about 10 people on the list that, but now you know. OK. So somebody's on third and Josh does just that. On his way back to the dugout, I says to him "Nice sac, Josh." Then I felt the need to clarify that I was referring to his recent hit, not his, well, sack. He still stayed kinda far away from me for the rest of the game.

This quote came during a volleyball game last year from a fellow fifth year RA. And this guy isn't even graduating yet, so I'm really jealous. But anyway... We were talking about our fellow intramural volleyball teams (he captains his team also), and he was telling me about this freshman that hadn't shown up to the first few games because he had class, but it turns out, he was really good. Well, here's this RA's take on that kind of player...

Quote Of the Day 4/28/98

"You don't be hittin' the ball that hard and be talkin' about classes and shit..."
-Hal (the other 23-year old RA)

No comments:

Post a Comment