Tuesday, May 7, 1996

Taking Over For Laura

Hi guys. Does anybody mind if I do another quote here? Anybody want to plug any night club appearances first? And I have to apologize to Kate for the quotes recently, because I know they haven't been funny according to her sense of humor. Of course, since the only thing that Kate thinks is funny are explicit sexual references, I have no real desire to cater to her sense of humor. If you want something more along your mentality Kate, try alt.horny.newsgroups or something. But please don't pester me. I'm quite sick of the "sounds like a personal problem" and the "that's what she said" type of jokes that you consider first-rate. I'm not saying that the humor here is first-rate or anything, but at least if it's not funny, it leave people completely disgusted. And to quote you on your feeling about stupid replies:

> No one else cares whether or not people get upset, really it's not a
> priority. :)

Yes they do, Kate. Most people do. In fact, the reason most people don't want to continue getting the quote of the day is not because of the quote, but the pointless replies. And two of the very few people who have asked to get off the mailing list gave me your name. So surprise, Kate, but it's annoying. We all talk about it behind your back too. Most people see your name on the header and delete the message before reading it. I can't do that. Though I try. It's like smelling a dirty sock, or watching a bloody car wreck. I am too curious to turn away, but I know I'm just going to wind up being disgusted in the end. So Kate, if you want to reply to this, and you probably will, reply to me personally. SuperDave doesn't need or want to hear any of this, and I don't blame him. And he's not alone either. :(

Alright, I've made my peace with Buddha, now I can go on. This quote, though it may seem at first glance, is NOT a personal cut on Laura and how she sleeps around (or used to sleep around). It is actually a verbal blunder of Chris Chris' when we were playing Scruples a while ago. We were all sitting around playing when Laura had to leave. Soon afterward, Courtney walked in and was looking to play. Chris suggested that she take Laura's cards and her spot where she used to be sitting. Except he did it like this:


Quote Of the Day 5/7

"Hey, if you want to come over here on the bed, you can take over for Laura."
-Chris Chris (Dumb Chris) (King's Dominion Chris)



Catering to the masses,
Screaming Cricket.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment