Sunday, June 13, 1999

House Sitting

House Sitting

Well, I am now house sitting for the rest of the week and through the weekend. It's not a stressful job, but I promised them I'd do it, so I kinda should. It involves being there and "keeping the dog company" according to the instructions on the sheet the lady left me. I don't know exactly what that means. Sunday I went downstairs to watch a movie on their big screen TV they have in the basement and the dog sat upstairs the whole time doing a crossword puzzle. She doesn't play chess or tennis and isn't a great conversationalist, so I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to do here. I went to bed and left her there just sitting on the couch in the "den." I'll be damned if I'm going to go sleep in the living room with her, and even if I do, I'm not staying on the floor. The $125 a night doesn't cover that crap. So basically, all I have to do is be there and walk the dog every so often. This means I can go out for like 3 or 4 hours at a time. Maybe. I don't even really know. What pisses me off the most is that I can't find salt anywhere. Oh well. C'est la vie de loca.

One thing I love about the day camp and kids in general is when they outsmart "grown-ups" besides myself and I'm there to witness it. Such a thing happened earlier today. I was talking about aerobic exercise and stuff, and apparently I was doing a good job of pretending I knew what I was talking about, because Jeanie (our secretary) asked me a question with a few of the kids present...

Quote of the Day 6/13/99

Jeanie (18): "What does it mean when you can feel your heart beat in your stomach?"
Shannon (13): "That you're alive."

You wanna know what it means when you're breathing in and out regularly?

Walking the dog,

Coach.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment