Monday, June 14, 1999

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Let's see, where do I start? A lot has happened in this last forced sabbatical of mine. Well, here, I'll make it easy for you:

Car saga:
Lost one car at a gas station (blown head gasket)
Miraculously drove it 1/2 a mile to the mechanics to find this out
Bought Stryker's car (same car, lighter shade of blue, FaTKiD sticker)
Dropped insurance on old car and put plate on new car
Didn't get new car's insurance, registration, or inspection
Still don't have Maryland license yet
Really illegal stuff if they find out
Howard County Police will have old "abandoned" car impounded in 2 days
That's not good either
More news on this as it breaks

Apartment story:
Moved out of Ellicott City
Moved into Tor
It's a little more exciting than that, but that's all you need to know
And we have a vacant apartment for the rest of the month
That's kinda cool

Chicks:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Job:
Well, for the fourth year in a row, I'm spending the summer under the alias of Mr. Jungle Gym. UMBC's Summer Day Camp started today, and I've already found four 9-year old girls who like to do this clinging to my limbs thing not all too different from being drawn and quartered. (I'm making blind assumptions again). So it's already not all too different from the past 3 years at Camp Wonderfun. Except now I don't get to use the term "Camp Wonderfun" anymore. "UMBC Summer Day Camp" just doesn't have the same ring. I'll talk to Geoff in the meantime and work on that. Well, this quote came second hand from one of my alleged medieval prosecutors named Ashley. She has a 6 year old sister who apparently got a hold of some of Tony's textbooks or lost the remote with the TV stuck on CNN or invests in stock or something. Anyway, according to Ashley, her 6-yr-old sister, Sarah, went up to her parents out of the blue and said...


Quote of the Day 6/14/99

"Dad, forget about my allowance. Let's talk mutual funds."

-Sarah "the Negotiator"


I can't tell if that's funny. I'm tired. I was up at 6:30 AM today. I fell asleep at 6:30 AM yesterday. If you're doing the math, that means I slept twice in the same 24 hour span. That'll be the last time that happens this summer.



Back to the slave and grind,

Mr. Jungle Gym.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment