Monday, March 2, 1998

The Birth of a Mockumentary

Hey everybody. Here's a word of warning: I'll be wearing pants again on Wednesday. That's this Wednesday, March 4th. Got it? And I'll also have a shirt and tie to match it and probably nice shoes to go with everything. So don't be so surprised when you see me on Wednesday and I have all this crap on, OK? That reminds me, can I borrow some clothes, Tony?
I gave my proposal for my Documentary film this semester earlier today. I have now been officially granted permission to begin working on "Nothing But Rim: World's Worst Basketball Team" this weekend. My teacher actually bought the concept that I was trying to make a real documentary. I just used the words "re-enact" and "stand-ins" instead of "script out" and "actors." So wheels are now in motion. Pretty soon you'll all be watching South Park on Comedy Central and see a commercial "Pink Hat Productions presents... Mockumentaries." It's a pipe dream, whatever that term means. I guess it could be a dream about pipes, but that's just not very exciting.
I also have these two short stories due tomorrow. One was due last week and the other was due the week before that one. I imagine something is due this week too, but hey, I'm overworked as it is. So I'm praying for snow. It just doesn't look like it's going to happen. Though, I do have a friend who's knee starts to hurt every time it's about to snow. So one night before I had to take an exam I was completely unprepared for, I snuck into her room and beat her in the knee. It didn't work then, but I'm willing to give it a second chance.

Alright, for those of you who don't know, I badly sprained my ankle in mid-January, and it's still not completely better. I have to do these exercises once a night (whenever I get around to it) and Suzanne has the elastic bands in her room. Well, I was sitting on the floor with the elastic band around the bedpost and stretched out to my left foot while I was pulling on it gently with my ankle and letting it go. Tony came in and stared right at this process, and knowing full well that my ankle was still hurt, made his pathetic attempt at small talk...


Quote Of the Day 3/2

Tony: "Are you doing your ankle exercises?"
Me: (very sarcastic tone) "No, Tony."
Tony: "I don't know, you could have been trying to strengthen the bedpost."


Yep. Pretty soon, Suzanne's bed will be able to do pool workouts again.


Faking an organism,
Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment