Sunday, August 21, 2011

Double Feature Duel (Rd3): Body of Lies vs. Big Fish

Double Feature Duel (Rd3):
Body of Lies vs. Big Fish

Who the hell did Body of Lies sleep with to get this far?

Title: Body of Lies is a serviceable title, but I picture a bunch of people sitting around a table going “well, I guess that’ll work” as opposed to “That’s perfect!” (Point, Big Fish 0-1)

Funnier: Neither is really a comedy, per se, but especially not Body of Lies. (Point, Big Fish 0-2)

Better Turn: To be completely honest, I barely remember Body of Lies anymore. (Point, Big Fish 0-3)

Better Ending: And even if I could, there’s very little way any movie outside of Frequency and Sixth Sense would beat Big Fish in this category. (Point, Big Fish 0-4)

Better Message: Ever feel like you were just going through the motions? Yeah, me too. (Point, Big Fish 0-5)

Better Acting: There are now 10 Best Picture nominees each year, but only 5 Best Director nominees. We all know those other five movies will never win, but it’s nice that the Academy recognized them. That’s the motivation behind this. (Point, Body of Lies 1-5)

More Creative: Tim Burton is nothing if not creative. This movie happens to also be good, which is not necessarily true of all his crap. (Point, Big Fish 1-6)

Poster: Make this an 0 for 3 for Body of Lies’ marketing department. (Point, Big Fish 1-7)

Watch again: I will honestly say that I’d probably watch Body of Lies right now. Mainly because I’ve realized that I don’t remember a damn thing about it, but it appears the me from 2 months ago really enjoyed it. (Point, Body of Lies 2-7)

Overall: Not surprising. I’m curious to see if there will be a bigger underdog to get to the Sweet 16 in the other quadrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment