Saturday, April 10, 2010

The J Word

The J Word

So here’s an actual conversation that I had today with my self-proclaimed unjealous girlfriend.

Jen: “So I see you changed your blanket.”
Me: “Yes, I brought another blanket out. You’re using the other one.”
Jen: “That’s the one your ex-girlfriend made you, right?”
Me: “What? No. My day camp assistant made it for me.”
Jen: “But you dated her, right?”
Me: “No!”
Jen: “But you would have, right?”
Me: “Wha? I – don’t…”
Jen: “Well, you wanted to date her, right?”
Me: “I didn’t date or hook up with every girl that I ever knew, you know.”
Jen: “Are you sure?”
Me: “Why are you doing this?”
Jen: “Well this is the one that you had when you were with Stephanie, right?”
Me: “Well yeah… I mean – I did own a lot of stuff –”
Jen: “See?”
Me: “No.”

To Jen’s credit, she was joking around on some level. And I guess it’s possible the blanket was too close to the grill when she was cooking dinner tonight. And I’ll take jealousy over apathy any day.

Still Standing Right Here…

No comments:

Post a Comment