Tuesday, January 4, 2000

Personal Fouls and Bowling Homework

My friend's mom suggested that we get 3 personal fouls a day. I like the number, but I think that might be a bit much. If this gets out of my little click of friends, the world could turn violent. I think 6 a week is a good number. It's more challenging to save them for the weekend, when you'll probably really need them. I think you should also get a challenge a day, in case you don't think a joke was really funny but everybody laughed out of politeness, or if you think the cab driver made a wrong turn but won't admit it. Of course if you are proven wrong, you lose a time out. And while we're sort of on the subject, my first quarter has just ended and the second quarter already begun. I didn't get too much of a break between quarters here, so I'm taking the next few days off and going back home again. It's really rare that I get all the planets to align and I don't have to work at any of my jobs for 4 days in a row. Well, unless you count the last week and a half.

I had my second day of bowling class yesterday. We went over the 7-10 split and the proper celebratory technique after one gets a strike. The kids are really catching on quickly. I'm proud of them. Tuesday night, I was sitting in my chair making up a homework assignment for them to make sure they knew how to keep score properly. Tony asked what I was doing...


Quote Of the Day 1/4/00

Me: "I'm actually making up homework for my bowling class."
Tony: "What are you doing? Giving them a pop quiz on directions to the bowling alley?"


You make a right on:
A. Security Blvd.
B. Route 40.
C. Sesame St.
D. The Road Not Taken
E. All of the above

How does that strike you,
Dr. Extendo.


Still Standing Right Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment